What To Expect During Your FIRST Spinal Visit
- You will fill out forms with regards to your health background and insurance information (if any).
- You will have a conversation with the Doctor regarding your health.
- He will perform an examination and Chiropractic evaluation. X-rays are only taken if he deems them necessary.
On your second visit
- The Doctor will share his findings from the examination (and X-rays, if taken).
- He will explain his suggestions for further care, and list your choices for future health care.
- He will discuss your insurance coverage and finances.
- If he recommends Chiropractic care, and if you agree, then the first adjustment will be delivered on this visit
As chiropractors who care about utilizing the most advanced chiropractic techniques, the Drs. of Westwood Chiropractic have years of training, expertise, and experience in helping patients get pain relief for back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other related conditions originating from the spine.
Functional Movement Systems
If an individual possesses fundamental movement weaknesses, he or she is at risk for injury in the future due to the repeated faulty movement pattern. The FMS screen seeks to identify these faulty movement patterns so these movement patterns can be improved to enhance performance and prevent future injury.
At Westwood Chiropractic, we teach patients how to perform exercises which can help strengthen and correct the irregularities in their body that may be causing them pain. Many of these corrective exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home.
Spinal decompression is a type of motorized traction that may help relieve back pain. It works by gently stretching the spine. This changes the position of the vertebrae and takes pressure off the spinal disks, which are gel-like cushions between the bones in your spine.
Flexion - Distraction Technique
Flexion-Distraction, (F/D) is a gentle, chiropractic treatment procedure utilized for back and neck pain. Flexion- Distraction is a safe alternative to back surgery for those 95% of patients whose conditions do not demand surgical intervention. The doctor is in control of the treatment movements at all times.
The goal of chiropractic care is to help patients achieve total health and balance with their body, and as part of that goal we provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices.